Friday, November 26, 2010

Akutan, Alaska

After 7 full days of waiting in Dutch Harbor, I finally arrived in Akutan.
It's a small, very pretty village with a near by large Trident Sea-foods processing plant.
There are no roads, only boardwalks just wide enough for quads or the like to drive on.

This is a small mirror on the right wing float of the Goose sea plane. I thought it was a cool view where you can see the front of the plane.

Leaving Dutch Harbor

Arriving in Akutan

Window view of town

Splashdown!

I'm not sure how old this sign is but I doubt the population count has changed much

Russian Orthodox Church

5 shot Panoramic view of the village of Akutan

3 shot panoramic of Akutan's small boat harbor

The view just outside my door of the Bay View Hotel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is beautiful...I love the church. I also love the pictures from the plane. Enjoy your time there and I hope leaving there is less of an adventure as getting there was =)

willmc3 said...

Great shots Chris. Best of luck and stay warm. I am heading to Dutch Harbor so viewing various sites that give me some insight! Thanks.
Will