Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back in Akutan

well after a 2 year hiatus from travelling and living full time in Adak, I'm back on the road, err...air...and water.  I just arrived in Akutan last night and am scheduled to be here for 4 weeks, but schedules change so who really knows.  Getting to Akutan is always a challenge, getting out is ever more so.  Last time I was here I came by seaplane, a Grumman Goose.  Now its by hovercraft.  And the rumor is, by next month it will be by helicopter.  But this was my first experience on a hovercraft and I gotta say, it was quite impressive!  I didn't get a chance to take photos yesterday but was able to get a few shots today after I took my colleague to the ramp for his departure.

The Sunax parked on the ramp


Akutan's Trident Seafood processing plant in the background, well, behind all the containers

Add caption


No comments: